
Sonic Barbarian
I think it's a shaker motor. Looks like it's sorta based on the 515, or possibly whatever it's field coil predecessor was. Seller says 60lbs!
................. and it's pegging my cool meter
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

the end looks like pin connections to me. ??que?
are you thinking disney?
Last edited by Phil-G; October 3rd, 2013 at 11:34 PM.
Sonic Barbarian
I'm thinking R&D, laboratory/testing.
Check out that mechanism, bevel gears and rack that moves the thing in it's base. That stuff was tooled separately of the device itself, it was customized for a very specific application, whatever it is. There's even a tool crib ID plate on the base.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

yeah, i was looking at the mechanism. and the beveled gears are attached to the stub projecting below what passes for the face.
Sonic Barbarian

It's not Altec.
It says Ling Altec. That was the corporate name. Made in England, I doubt it has Altec parts.
I see no electrical connections.
Ling Altec made lots of military. IMHO it's an ignorant seller hoping calling it "Altec Ling" instead of Ling Altec will sell it. A curious piece of mechanical scrap. Nothing more.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Bookmarks